Friday, March 16, 2012

In Between Books

I am in between books and was talking to my mom when she mentioned that C. S. Lewis was known as a christian writer. My first reaction was to say "Nope" but then I thought this might have some validity so I went to the best source...Narnia. Skimming through The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe last night, I certainly did see how people could think this. Most obviously, the lion reminds me of Rastafarianism, the lion representing power, a symbol of H. I. M., known as Jesus. The white witch enchanting Edmund rings of Jesus' tempting in the desert. Then BOOM. Adam and Eve enter the book. By now I'm convinced and skimming on I come to more hints. The book ends with Aslan breathing life into the world after giving his life for the cause. Well, I guess C. S. Lewis was a christian writer, you just never see it as a child.

2 comments:

  1. I like your rasta reference, Rob, that is very original indeed. The most common interpretation is that Aslan is Jesus which is valid as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a convert to Catholicism. Good story. Wrote books about being a faithful Catholic as well.

    ReplyDelete